Wednesday, January 28, 2009

A bit hairy!



Well, we made our Jeep excursion. And I can promise that Mel won't be driving the bus to school tomorrow! The road we live on is 2¼ miles long, and had roughly 20-30 trees/branches down. We were able to get over, or around them and get to a main road, but a bus won't manage such a trek for a while. I can't begin to guess when road crews will get down to clearing such minor tributaries as Cotton Rock Road! lol You know they have their hands full! The mail wasn't even delivered, today. 

The good news is that the Jeep had no problems, and I will get to the doctor, tomorrow. We'll have to allow a lot of time, but I should make my 9:45 appointment if we leave by 7:30. More good news is that we still have power, though from the look of things that could end at any moment. The phone lines might go at any time, too. But, so far so good.

More hugs, and prayers to you!

2 comments:

Diane said...

Wow Katy, those pictures say it all don't they! I am so glad you have a mode of transportation to get through the mess. Good luck getting to your apt. today. Big hugs for better weather. Di

My Road thru Life said...

I'm so glad you were able to get out with the Jeep and that you'll be able to get to your appointment. Hope they get your road cleared soon so Mel can get the bus out. Hugs.