Friday, December 26, 2008

♪It's Oooooover!♪

Christmas is over, and put away at our house! Yay! Christmas in the rear view mirror is always refreshing to me. But it isn't there very long—next thing I know, it's just ahead around the next bend. My, how time flies, anymore!

I have my annual visit with my neurologist on Monday. He insists that I come in for a check-up once every year. I have gone a few years without, in the past, but it is only reasonable that he needs to see me every year. I'm at the clinic twice each year for my treatments, but I don't see "doc" at those times. He is in Kansas City, and that's quite a haul for us, but that isn't his problem. I have been having major problems sleeping recently, too, so it's probably time to run that by him. I'd rather eliminate the cause of the shooters than to treat the pain. But, I'm ready to go back on Elavil, in the interim. I also have an appointment coming up (on January, 6th) with an endocrinologist. Personally, I've always thought that most of my "shooter" problems were hormonally related. I've seen 19 different doctors trying to find one that would help me correct my imbalanced endocrine system, but they've all been set in their ways, and not willing to to take my personal idiosyncrasies into consideration. Hopefully this one will be different—the magic # 20. She (the endocrinologist) was referred to me by an RN that I met while Mel had his vein surgery. I've got my fingers crossed that she'll be the one! I'll keep you posted.

While we're in KC, we'll go by Costco, and do some more bulk grocery shopping. I know, it's only been a couple of months, but we've had visitors drawing on our "store". And, we have our annual New Year's Day neighborhood brunch coming soon. 

Huge hugs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

For once I am feeling as you do..planning on taking down decorations and lights pronto. Good luck with the doctor.

My Road thru Life said...

I'm ready to take my decorations down to. I can't believe you knew how to spell idiosyncrasies! Wow that some word to spell. Good luck in Kansas City and the docs and have fun at Costco. Hugs.