Thursday, December 4, 2008

I'm back!

Above is a picture of Betty and George. They are a couple who frequented our restaurant in Wichita. They will celebrate their 66th (yes—sixty sixth) wedding anniversary on the 20th! We had been invited to a celebration of their 65th last year, but had to pass due to bad weather. I promised them we'd look them up next time we visited the area. It took nearly a year for us to get back there, but I remembered the promise, and we did get with them. What fun to see them again. I have their email address, now and we'll keep more current. The picture is one we took with Mel's camera phone, and it took a bit to figure out how to get it from phone to computer, (we forgot our camera) but I'm proud that we succeeded. I'm behind in projects, but will be writing more....... promise! Huge hugs!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Katy..welcome back! What a cute couple and quite an accomplishment to make it 66 years. How nice that you got to see them. Look forward to hearing from you.We just found out the cook from our old restaurant has a restaurant of her own now, we will have to visit her!