Sunday, December 7, 2008

birthday second post

My CA sister sent me a tear jerker e-mail which I wanted to share. This sister turned 5 years old 2 weeks before I was born.

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY  MY DEAR  SISTER!!!  I've been thinking of you all morning and remembering when you were born.  Grandma was at our house when it was time for mom to leave for the hospital.  Uncle George was driving her because dad was in the Army.  Grandma was litterly wringing her hands because I was sick with a cold and begged mom to rock me because I didn't feel well.  Mom stopped everything and rocked me  -  with what little lap she had left.  I later learned mom hardly made it to the hospital before you popped out.  Dad got leave from the Army and came home.  He took Linda and me to the  hospital,  but we weren't allowed to go inside, so we stood on the lawn and mom came to the window of her room and I could see her inside and she was crying when she saw us outside  -  I knew she missed us very much.

 

When mom came home with you, I was totally enamored   What a wonderful gift for a 5 year old girl.  You always smelled so good and you were a delightful baby and child.  I loved you dearly  -  and still do.  I am so proud of who you are and what you do.  You raised 2 wonderful sons, and then added your beautiful daughter.  You and your sweet  husband have carved out a grand life for the two of you.  I am so proud of Mel and the love and care he has for you.  Bless you both.

So Dear Sis, I am very thankful for you and am so pleased and happy and proud that you are my sister.  I love you with all my heart.

 

HAPPY  BIRTHDAY         Love,   Janie

 

Isn't that a sweet letter? I am so blessed!  More Hugs!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That was beautiful and yes you are blessed. I wish I had a sister. I had a brother five years older than me and he is dead now. How lucky you are to have a loving sister like that.

My Road thru Life said...

Wow what a beautiful letter to recieve on your birthday. You are really blessed to have such a loving sister.

Yochana said...

That was really sweet! It's cool that you get to know the story of that day from your sister's view. :]