Sunday, September 14, 2008

Kitchen Remodel

















I'm finally getting around to showing you the "before" and "after" of the work we did in the upstairs kitchen.  The before picture doesn't do the former kitchen enough Injustice. The old countertops were pink(ish), and textured! They were impossible to clean, and unusable for rolling out the tortillas I make for Mel—his momma taught me how. The cabinets were UGLY(!) The refrig was ancient, the window was a bay window stuck outside of a thick wall (brick over cement block) and was impossible to clean behind the sink (at least 2 feet behind the sink) It took a contortionist (which I am NOT). It was single pane, and would ice-up on the inside during winter. The Walls were UGLY striped paper on top of paneling, on top of (?) There is no drywall, so it's not a matter of stripping paper, and painting. The window shade and light fixtures were of ancient vintage. It had a stainless sink, but when we purchased the countertops, a new gorgeous built-in sink was included. So, about everything is new except for the floor—and that's next on the list.

Huge hugs!

P.S.  Does anyone know how I can delete one of my two "Katy's Korner" blog sites?  I'm not sure how I wound up with 2 or how to get rid of one.  More hugs!

4 comments:

mrsmel said...

Look before asking! Thought I'd already done that, but I went back and found out how to delete the second "Katy's Korner". Thanks, anyway! More hugs!

My Road thru Life said...

Well let me know, I've never figured out how and I still have my Grandmaof11 blog. I love your kitchen. It's beautiful Katy.

mrsmel said...

Go into your Grandma of 11 blog; go to Settings;go to Basic; scroll to very bottom of basics, and it shows how to delete. Good luck! and thanks for kitchen compliment! Hugs!

My Road thru Life said...

It didn't work for me Katy, I guess because I've already started a new blog with a new name and I use the same e-mail with a new password and it wouldn't let me in with the old password. When you deleted yours, did it completely vanish or what. I think I did do that, maybe, but my Grandmaof11 blog is still there but it's not a working blog.