Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Yay!




My first hummer has arrived! I've seen 3 hummers feeding, so far, but think that two of those sightings were the same bird. Anyway, they appeared a day earlier than last year. And, Judy, they were first sighted in this county on March 23rd. But remember I'm much further south and west of you. And, they return to favorite former feeding sights, so these are MY birds! lol   They typically feed for about 10 days to fatten up before moving on to the next location in their migration. It'll still be close to May for you. Hugs!

2 comments:

My Road thru Life said...

Wow I can't believe you have them already. I didn't think you were that much to the south of us bu I guess you are. Lucky you!!

Diane said...

How cool!! Glad you saw your first hummers, how fun is that!