Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Hello April





The next major event occurred in 1987. This was a long planned and saved for trip to CA to celebrate my parent's 50th wedding anniversary. Mom and dad had eloped in 1937, during the height of the great depression. My dad was in dental school, at the time, and to my understanding was so distracted between his studies and his courtship of mom, that they decided the answer was to get married. Anyway, since they'd eloped, mom wanted a big to-do renewal of their vows for the 50th. The event was outstanding! The gathering included friends and family from across the US. A professional photographer recorded a treasure of pictures.

We closed the restaurant for a week, and seven of us (Mel & me + 3 kids + Curtis' wife + Arno) flew out, and enjoyed a first and last vacation together. The beautiful memories will live as long as we do.

The pictures above are of mom & dad, and our 3 now grown-up babies. Hugs!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Such great memories and the pictures are wonderful.

My Road thru Life said...

Isn't it nice to have such fond memories. We had a nice party for my mom and dad's 50th also. I have very nice memories of that too. Those are great pictures. Thanks for sharing. Hugs.