Thursday, April 2, 2009

Doin' Okay


I just returned from the dermatologist. He took a culture to check whether there was any infection, but left it up to me to go onto antibiotics before the culture results. I declined, because I'm not showing any signs of infection.

He agreed with my analysis of the cause, and agreed that I'm following the correct path to healing. So, I'll continue treating as I have been with the addition of a prescription topical ointment. I don't know (nor did doc) what might happen when the steroid shot which I got on Monday wears off, but for the moment, anyway, the rash  is looking better. I will continue using my spa, and my meds will remain the same. I'm itching terribly, which triggers "shooters", but for whatever reason, the hot water in the spa calms the itch a bit. And I'm coping fairly well.  Hugs!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I was thinking maybe the spa was presenting a problem but you say it calms the itch so....guess not. Hope this clears up soon!

mrsmel said...

I think that the spa was an irritant with my med mixes. My clue was that I originally broke out in a couple of areas which had contact with the spa. We drained the spa, cleansed with peroxide, and refilled it. (no chlorine in our well) It has an ozonator, as its purification system, and I use no chemicals. I went over this with doc, and he thinks I'm doing okay. It's going to take time, but I'll get there! Hugs

Diane said...

I have read your posts Mrs. just too freaked out with our family messes to comment much. Your family pictures are great, the kids are so wholesome looking and pretty! I am glad you have the rash at least being treated, how weird that you have a little bit all over. Big hugs sweetie! Di

My Road thru Life said...

I hope you continue to get better and I hope the itching stops and it all clears up. That has to be miserable. Hugs.