Thursday, May 28, 2009

good/ bad

The good news is that we had a good trip to KC, a nice dinner out, a great room, and got all of our shopping done. The bad news is that I did not get a treatment!

We were waiting at the clinic at 5:50 am, when Mel turned on his phone. A voice mail from daughter announced that we needed to contact the doctor, yesterday. (too late*sigh*)  At about the same time, the nurse who administers treatment showed up, and said that my last lab was not in range to be able to give me a treatment. We discussed options, and I'll be referred to a cytologist for evaluation. I'm not terribly concerned—I think that the messed up meds I took while off of my estrogen was the cause, and I should be back to "normal" soon.

Yes, Judy, the methotrexate is a chemo drug, but not given in chemo doses. Some have problems with it, but I never have had any trouble at all.

I'll keep you apprised as things develop. Hugs!

3 comments:

My Road thru Life said...

Oh Katy I'm so sorry you didn't get your treatment. Now you'll have to go all the way back. This cytologist, where will he be?

Methotrexate is the drug that Terry's cousin Alan is having such a bad reaction to every time they give it to him. I thought it looked familar. It's knocking him for a loop.

Unknown said...

Katy, such a disappointment not being able to get the treatment! Does this mean you are going to have top up with the arm/hand problem for a while? Well yes I imagine that is so....hope things work out soon.

mrsmel said...

I'm quite optimistic things will work out well and soon. I don't know where the referred doctor will be, but am ready to travel. In the mean time, I'm less than 100% graceful, but c an do whatever needs to be done. Hugs!