Monday, November 3, 2008

Monday—almost there!

There have been some major changes around our house in the last few days. Sister, Linda (trucker who married 1 year ago last August) has left her husband, and will soon be on her way here to stay with Mel and me for a few weeks. The marriage has been rocky, and this is very good news that she has escaped his possessive grasp. The only sad part of the separation is his 11 year old daughter, who has no alternative but to continue living with the "drug addict" (her words).

I won't go into details of their woes, but will fill you in on my plans for the next couple of days. Linda is currently in Alaska, but will get on a plane to Kansas City at 9:00 this morning, and will arrive at 9:00 tonight in KC. (rough times). Then, she'll take a bus to Springfield (12:15 a.m. to 6:00 a.m.) where I will meet her. My plan, then, is to go to bed with Mel (by 9:00 tonight—sure) and get up with him (4:30 a.m.). I'll take off as soon as I can, and hopefully beat the morning Springfield commute. Springfield is more than an hour away in ideal conditions. After, I connect with sis, we'll head back home, and I'll stop by my polling place and hopefully find a short line so that I can vote. Sheesh! How's that for a schedule?

If my blogging is skimpy for a while, you'll know why. Sis is in serious need of lots of TLC, and is coming to the right place. Hugs!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I know you are going to take good care of your sis and she is lucky to have you. It sounds like a busy day tomorrow and boy am I glad I voted absentee so I won't have to stand in lines. Hope your line is short and if long you stay there till you vote.

My Road thru Life said...

Take good care of your sister Katy, I know you will. Hugs.

Yochana said...

Man I feel sorry for his daughter.
Kids seem to always get the short end of the straw.

My Road thru Life said...

Miss you Katy. Hope things are going well with your sister and that your having a nice visit. Hugs.